Friday, April 11, 2008

Working Girl

It is now the end of the first real week of my part time work experience. It feels good to get back to work even if only temporarily. I am missing my girls on the days I am not with them and I hope that I get used to that part. The babysitter who is watching the girls is a gem. She is super sweet and has three kids of her own. Her oldest is a big second grader but the other two are 2 and 4. Lauren is having a good time over there and hasn't objected to going once. I am helping to collect data for a research study at ASU and that takes me to three different schools at the moment. My days are filled with video taping teachers and doing a range of assessments with some children and traveling from school to school. It's busy but that is a good thing. Time goes by fast that way.

I am having a difficult time getting everyone ready and out of the house in the mornings though. I know I have to set up routines and I have at least managed to pack lunches the night before to avoid that headache in the morning. It's a whole new ballgame getting myself ready and then get two babies ready at the same time. Not to mention reminding a teenager to brush teeth and get in the shower. It seems like I am literally running around in the morning and don't stop until everyone is dropped off...I have a few moments to zen in the car.

I know that women do this everyday all over the world so it's not like I am reinventing the wheel here but it's still a little tough to get used to. Thank goodness I am still home 4 days...until the new school year rolls around when I will most likely be full time again...will I even have time to blog about it???

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: