Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm Back


I have to admit, I have been a bit busy and haven't gotten a post done in over a week...there has been a lot going on so I will get right to it...

My birthday came and went...the big 33 now and it was one of the rainiest days so my wish of going on a hike was not happening. Instead we had a relaxing day at home, made a yummy shrimp alfredo dinner and of course had cake for dessert.

Jessi has started her volleyball season and made it onto the "A" team which consists of mostly 8th graders and is considered the top team as opposed to the "B" and "C" teams. She was pretty jazzed about making it and we have the first game today. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

This weekend was Divisionals for wrestling. Kyle, as most of you know, had shoulder surgery last spring and had gotten everything back in order for this season. Well, just before Christmas, his shoulder popped out during a match and he has been going to PT to get it ready for this past weekend...the had 3 matches, his shoulder popped out in the second match and he wanted to keep going, he won and then wrestled his third match and won that as well. This means that we are going to state. Today's job is for me to find a shoulder brace for him to wear at the state tournament which starts this Thursday. It's really scary to watch but he told Wayne that he really wanted to make a run at winning state and well, he is an 18 year old boy so we'll see what happens.




With the impending Valentine's Day holiday, Lauren got right to work on some Valentines. She was loving the glitter glue and all the fun things to glue on the cards. Taylor was watching and smiling away. The glitter glue was such a big hit. I highly recommend it to any toddler parent. By the way, the card kits came from Target in the dollar section if anyone else is interested.


Theres still more so stick with me...

Yesterday my friend Katie had set up what she called a "2024 Preunion" Toddler Party. You see, Katie has several friends who all have two year olds. The really weird part is of the 5 toddlers, 4 are born within about a week of each other in December and one was born just a few weeks later in January. Isn't that crazy. So anyway, we went to this really neat park in Chandler, brought snacks, drinks, hats and mittens because it was cold and had a really nice time playing yesterday morning. Jessi came along as well and had just as much fun as the little ones. Lauren made a new friend in Reagan. They are only 2 days apart in age. They were running around and playing a lot together. Well, a lot in toddler terms. They are pictured here in the motorcycle and sidecar.
Well, that pretty much sums it all up for now. It is raining again this morning...maybe because the Patriots didn't win. That, by the way, was a big bummer. During the game (yes, I watched), I was teaching Lauren to say "Patriots" and she would say "ball game on" after every commercial.
I hope everyone has a great February. We are having my Uncle Tom and cousins Abby and Kelsey in town in a few weeks and then we will be heading down to the sand dunes at the end of the month for my first camp trip in a while and for Taylor's first dune trip. Looking forward to that. Also looking forward to much more outdoor fun with the family here, hiking, camping and boating all to come.

3 comments:

Katie B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie B said...

AH! I just deleted my comment. Oops. The pic of you and TayTay is flippin adorable! Thanks for everything yesterday... can't tell you how much I appreciate it. XO

Unknown said...

hi heather it's abbey! dad forwarded on the email with this link so of course I had to check it out. happy belated birthday! I am so excited to finally get there, been counting down for a while now. :)

hope Kyle does well in states, and Jessi with her team. Strange, but I have shoulder problems too, but no surgery thank goodness.

the girls look adorable!

see you in a few weeks!